I don’t know about you, but I love a sweet and spicy combination. This salmon has a wonderful spice to it on it’s own, but topping it with the pineapple salsa really completes the meal for me!
Spicy Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 salmon fillets can easily add more if cooking for larger party
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
In a bowl, combine the pineapple, red onion, cilantro, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Pat the salmon dry and season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion & chili powder.
Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the salmon to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily.
Serve on a plate and top with the pineapple salsa!