Sloppy Joe Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1/2 onion chopped small
- 1/2 green pepper chopped small
- 1/2 red pepper chopped small
- 1/4 cup celery chopped small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 14-oz can of diced tomatoes with liquids
- 1 6-oz can of tomato paste
Start by baking your sweet potatoes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap each sweet potato in foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, add your avocado or coconut oil to a large skillet and saute onions, garlic and celery.
Add in your ground turkey (or beef) and cook until browned.
Add your spices, honey and bell peppers to the skillet.
Pour in the tomato paste and the can of diced tomatoes with liquids.
Allow everything to simmer on low for 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, remove from oven and foil. Cut lengthwise and scoop out part of the middle, making a bowl.
Fill and top with the sloppy joe mixture and serve!