There’s something about fall that makes me just want to bust out my Crockpot and cozy up by a fire. I love slow cookers for so many reasons:
- They cook while you’re out! Coming home to a ready-to-eat meal is amazing!
- They make excellent freezer meals – often, for meals like this, I will double the recipe and put half of the ingredients in a freezer bag and freeze – that way when I have an “I really don’t want to cook” day, I can pull my frozen chili out of the freezer and just throw it in the Crockpot!
- Great for cold, snuggly days.
Paleo Crockpot Chili
- 2 lbs. of ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup of carrots finely diced
- 1 cup of celery diced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed or stewed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- bacon paleo, if possible
- 1-2 avocadoes
Heat your avocado or coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add your onions and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes.
Add in your ground beef and cook until browned. Drain any excess fat.
Transfer your skillet mixture to the crockpot and add in all of your vegetables and spices (aside from your garnishes). Stir everything together.
Cook on Low for about 6 hours.